- A term used to characterize a person or thing
- the Terrible in Ivan the Terrible
- A term used as a descriptive substitute for the name or title of a person
- The Young Pretender for Charles Edward Stuart
- An abusive or contemptuous word or phrase
- (biology) A word in the scientific name of a taxon following the name of the genus or species. This applies only to formal names of plants, fungi and bacteria. In formal names of animals an epithet does not occur.
- in Cannabis sativa the word sativa is a specific epithet.
- in Festuca ovina subsp. guestphalica the word guestphalica is an infraspecific epithet.
7 letters in word "epithet": E E H I P T T.
No anagrams for epithet found in this word list.
Words found within epithet:
ee eh et eth ethe he hep hept het hete hi hie hip hipt hit it pe pee peh pet petit petite petti ph phi pht pi pie piet pit pith te tee teeth tet tete teth the thee thete ti tie tip tipt tit tite tithe